Many Android users have experienced the problem of a non-responsive touch screen. This can be caused by hardware problems, software issues or even an app you’re trying to use is unavailable for your device model. Some fixes might require more advanced troubleshooting steps than others and all will vary depending on which error message it displays as well as what apps are accessing your phone’s display data.
The “android touch screen not working can’t unlock” is a common error that many Android users face. This article will provide 7 effective fixes for the issue.
Do you have an Android touch screen that isn’t working? Are you looking for a fantastic solution to this problem? If you answered yes, you’ve come to the correct spot.
Even after pressing the screen multiple times, your Android device’s screen may become unresponsive and unusable at times. It is, after all, one of the most aggravating issues that Android users face.
If you’ve lately encountered this issue and want to understand how to repair an unresponsive touch screen Android phone, read on to discover the best solutions.
How Do I Fix An Android Touch Screen That Isn’t Working?
Now it’s time to look at some of the most effective solutions for Android touch screen issues.
Simply browse through them and try every feasible method to fix the problem.
Rebooting your Android device is the first solution.
One of the easiest methods to solve Android Touch Screen Not Working is to reboot the device. This approach may seem to be ineffective, yet a simple reboot may solve a variety of problems.
Restarting your device will turn it off and refresh the background performance. To do so, press and hold the Power key to bring up the power menu, then choose the Restart option.
However, if you are unable to access your phone’s screen to choose alternatives, many people just hit the Power key repeatedly to switch off their phone.
In a rare circumstances, though, you may need to hold the Power and Volume Up buttons together at the same time.
Solution 2: Take off your device’s screen protector.
Screen protectors are used by some users to safeguard their smartphones’ screens from scratches and drops. However, you can’t dispute that a glass or plastic cover might occasionally hinder touch signals from reaching the display surface.
If the screen has been functioning strangely recently, remove the screen protector and try again. Although there is no assurance, you should give it a go.
Solution 3: Discard the SIM card and memory card
You may have Android touch screen not functioning issues as a result of a defective SIM card or SD card.
In this case, you must remove both the SIM and SD card from your smartphone and replace them.
You must follow the procedures below to achieve this:
- Continue pressing and holding the power button to turn off the device.
- Then, take off the back cover of an Android phone, as well as the SIM and SD card.
- Now switch on your phone and see whether the problem has been resolved.
Solution 4: Enable Safe Mode on your device
Android touch screen not functioning is often caused by corrupted third-party apps.
All third-party programs that you have downloaded will be disabled if you start your device in safe mode.
So, if you believe your phone’s screen is operating properly in safe mode, you should delete all third-party apps from your smartphone right away.
To learn how to do so, follow the instructions below:
- You must first switch off your cell phone.
- After that, continue to hold down the Power key to restart the device;
- Simply release a power key and hold the Volume Down key after you see your phone’s brand logo, such as Samsung, LG, Nexus, or another;
- Release the Volume Down key once again when your smartphone enters Safe mode, as shown by the Safe mode indication in the bottom left corner.
Solution 5: Use Apps to calibrate the touch screen
In your Google Play Store app, you’ll find a number of apps that may help you calibrate your device’s touch screen and increase its accuracy and responsiveness.
People use these applications when the touch screen on their phone becomes sluggish or reacts slowly.
You may find some results by just typing “touch screen calibration” into the search bar of a Google Play Store app. You should carefully read the reviews before installing the programs.
Solution 6: Check the Android Phone’s Touch Screen
Another simple fix for a touch screen that isn’t functioning on an Android phone is to conduct a diagnostic test on the device.
It’s one of the viable options for assisting Android users in identifying damaged regions of a screen.
It is, however, a little difficult; you must first get the diagnostic tool and then input the required codes.
- If you’re using a Samsung device, the code is *#7353#.
- If you’re using an HTC phone, the code is *#*#3424#*#*.
- If you’re using a Motorola device, the code is “*#0*#.”
Check to see whether the issue has been resolved after using this solution.
Solution 7: Replace a Touch Screen That Is Damaged Or Unresponsive
If you’re still having difficulties troubleshooting Android touchscreen unresponsiveness after attempting the previous options, your only choice is to replace the screen entirely.
The procedure has come to an end…!
Frequently Asked Questions (Frequently Asked Questions)
What Causes an Android Touch Screen That Isn’t Responsive?
There are a number of factors that might cause a touch screen to become unresponsive or stop operating. So, here are some of the frequent causes of this issue:
- If any harmful software has been installed,
- As a result of outdated firmware
- When the screen on the monitor is physically damaged
- The screen has been ruined by water, and so on.
How Do I Fix An Android Touch Screen That Isn’t Working?
Try the following troubleshooting steps to repair an unresponsive touch screen on Android:
- Restart your device.
- Take away the tempered glass.
- Remove the SIM card as well as the SD card.
- Start your computer in safe mode.
- Touchscreen calibration
- Remove one of the batteries.
- Delete the cache partition
- Perform a soft/hard reset.
- Replace a touch screen that has been damaged.
If my Samsung phone’s screen isn’t working, how can I unlock it?
You may simply do so by carefully following the directions below:
- Go to the Find My Mobile webpage.
- Then, using a Samsung account that you used on your locked Samsung smartphone, log in.
- Select an option by tapping it. Unlock my computer screen
- After that, click the Unlock button.
- Your Samsung smartphone should be successfully unlocked after it’s completed.
Now it’s time to wrap things up…
The majority of touchscreen issues may be resolved by resetting the Android smartphone. However, I’ve compiled a list of all probable solutions for an Android touch screen that isn’t functioning.
So, try them out one by one and discover which one works best for you.
Watch This Video-
The “samsung touch screen not working after drop” is a problem that many Android users face. There are 7 effective fixes for the issue, including using a different device or taking your phone to a repair shop.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix an unresponsive touch screen Android?
A: In order to fix an unresponsive touch screen Android, lets say for example the display is black and you cannot press anything on it. It usually means that there may be something wrong with the power cable or some other part of your phone. If this happens, try plugging in a different USB cord into your phone and turning it back on.
How do I fix an unresponsive touch screen?
A: You can fix an unresponsive touchscreen by first short-circuiting the circuit.
- how to fix unresponsive touch screen android tablet
- how to fix tablet touch screen not responding
- upper part of touch screen not working
- how to fix display problem in phone
- how to switch off phone when screen is not working